WASHINGTON, May 19 (Reuters) – Democratic Senator Mark Warner said Tuesday the Trump Organization is making misleading claims about its long-delayed mobile phone.
The mobile venture, launched in June last year by the Trump Organization under a trademark licensing arrangement, had pushed back the T1 phone’s release first to October and is now starting to ship this month, amid questions over the feasibility of manufacturing a low-cost smartphone in the United States.
Warner said “the $499 T1 phone, the ostensibly ‘Made in America’ cell phone, now appears to be a ‘Made in China’
phone available from online sellers for about $175.”
(Reporting by David Shepardson)



Comments